- Added a second 30" monitor so I now have 2-30" monitors to work with.
- Replaced the 2-nVIDA 295 video cards with 1-Quadro NVS450 thus freeing up space in my computer and hopefully making it run slightly cooler.
- I've updated/graded various software to include Capture One Pro 6.1 which runs great.
- Upgraded my monitor calibration to the Spyder 3 Elite which is also running great.
- And lastly I've added another 32GB of RAM to the main studio computer which now gives me 52GB total and allows me to have 45GB memory for CS5.
I am constantly blown away with the resolution of the monitors and feel that it's a combination of the new video card, Spyder 3 and of course the monitors themselves. The ability to work in 2560x1600 is just stunning.
As I get ready for this next trip I remember the all too short visit Ken Doo and I took at the Monterey Bay Aquarium last year. I shot inside the aquarium with a brand-new Leica M9 that I had for all of weeks and was astonished at the level of images I was able to capture. Thinking of the upcoming trip and last year's trip got me thinking of the Aquarium and revisited the images taken - thus "Underwater Ballet".
I'll be writing from the road so stay tuned for news from Monterey, Yosemite and Death Valley.